Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Blogging 101: Trying Out Flock

As part of my new exploration of the blogging world, I'm trying out the relatively new web browser called 'Flock.' Developed by a company of the same name, Flock has been described on Techcrunch as a "social networking browser." With its hooks into online photo sharing sites like Flickr, its integrated blogging feature (which I'm using right now) and its built in news reader, this derivative of the Mozilla Firefox browser is interesting and Web 2.0-y to be sure.


I'll write more about Flock and its capabilities once I've figured it out, but given that I have learned to update my new blog with Flock in about 5 minutes (including two separate attempts to connect), I'm looking forward to playing with Flock a little more.

One beef so far: I love spell checking my blog post before publishing it, and Flock's spell checker is quite handy. Not to dwell in minutae, but one funny flaw I discovered in Flock's spell checker is that it doesn't actually seem to know the word 'blog' or blog A little ironic, but not surprising--I'm not certain how often the world's spell checking software is updated.


Blogged with Flock

No comments: