Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The First Observation From My Commute: Big Pile o' Trash

As I write this blog, each day I will try and notice a new thing about my commute and use this as content to share. This early in my blogging career I have plenty of material to work with, but for some reason the most important thing to blog about today is the pile of garbage I have observed recently beside my most commonly used off-ramp.

A large pile of garbage has sprung up at the corner of Parkdale Avenue and the Eastbound Queensway off-ramp. I noticed it last week. At first, I suspected (with some annoyance) that one of the panhandlers that work the stopped traffic at the bottom of this offramp must be responsible for this unsightly mess.

Then I realized, much to my guilt, that they likely were responsible-someone has taken considerable efforts to clear the grass and bushes alongside the offramp of rubbish, and then place it in a pile. Outstanding work!

Dear reader, I make you this commitment: I will attempt to identify the panhandler responsible and voice my appreciation, and I will go by at some point with a garbage bag and shovel to finish the job.

Unless of course it is covered by a snowbank by that time, in which case the garbage will need to hibernate until spring.

If I knew how to add a polling capability to my blog, I would add that now and ask: Should I go pick up the garbage from under the snow? Wait till spring? Call the city?

I think I've discovered my next blog learning goal: polling. Oh wait, in blogging lingo, the more appropriate term must be "blearning."

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

tammy said...

Ed sent me. Welcome! I don't have a commute, so I will be living vicariously through you.

Ed Harrison said...

Dude, you've been tagged